Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November

November for our family started off with a trip to the hospital for Presley who had to have her appendix taken out on the 1st of November. She came into our bedroom about 4 a.m. Tuesday morning and said her stomache hurt. I told her to go back to bed she had just eaten too much candy the night before from trick-or-treating. She came back a while later still hurting and wanting medicine or something to help her feel better and I basically told her the same thing and so on until about 7 I asked her to show me where it hurt exactly. She pointed to the lower right side and I began to wonder if thats what it was. A bit later she had a hard time walking and steadily refused to walk so we took her to aunt Nichole who affirmed that it was probably appendicitis and sent us to the surgeon on call, Dr. Coray. He took her appendix out about 530 that evening and after a night in the hospital we were able to go home Wednesday evening. Presley is doing better and still taking it slow but went back to school yesterday. She was a toughy though and didn't cry once. Not even when they were poking her with needles!! She was a trooper. Her eyes started to water a bit when she asked me if she would have to stay the night in the hospital and I said yes. She quickly recovered when I said either David or I would stay with her the whole time. Poor thing thought we were just gonna drop her and run! I stayed with her that night and we had the best nurses the whole time.

The boys have been wrestling and doing an amazing job!! Both have won almost all of their matches and the ones they have lost have been really good matches and we are so proud of them!! They both got their report cards and Bryer has straight A's and Chet all A's one B and one C in math. He takes after me there I guess and we will have to work on that a bit to get it up. But they are doing so well and their teachers all had wonderful things to say about both of them at perent teacher conference. They are such great kids!!!

This November month of giving thanks I will say that I am TRULY thankful for my amazing family! All the kids were so concerned for Presley when she was sick and so gentle with her when she came home. They just showed such love and I am so grateful for that. I am so thankful for a beautiful clean hospital and doctors and nurses that are so well trained. We are so blessed to live here where we have those blessings. We are so blessed to have kids who are healthy in body and mind. David and I are both healthy and I am so thankful for that as well! THe list goes on and on and I could list a million that I take for granted each day, but I will save that for a different day!!

Hopefully the rest of November will be a little more uneventful!!

No comments:

Sisters

Sisters

A hospital visit for presley

A hospital visit for presley

All Stars

All Stars
Bryer

Safe!

Safe!
Bryer is in the red

Chet getting a hold of one!

Chet getting a hold of one!

Caleigh 2 months

BABY FEET

BABY FEET
Caleigh has such cute little feet!