Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's a Girl!

Well, our baby girl arrived Monday January 26th 2009 at 1:12 in the afternoon after 4 and a half hours of labor. She weighed in at 8 lbs even and was 21 inches long. We named her Caleigh.She and I will share a birthday and she is the best birthday present I have ever received! She is a beautiful baby (of course we aren't biased!) and is so good. She is little jaundiced but not bad enough for a billie blanket which is good. She mostly eats and sleeps but is very good and just looks around during awake times. The kids of course lover her and always want to hold her. I am staying at mom's for a few days while I get feeling a little better and David is waiting patiently in Salmon for us with the older boys as they have school. Labor went well I finally gave in and asked for my first epidural out of 5 labors when I was dilated to a 6. Too bad I jumped to a 10 in a little less than 20 minutes and had just about pushed Caleigh out before it took full effect. Oh, well It felt GREAT for the last little bit and the after pains for the next hour or so after delivery. I am so greatful to my mom for helping me so much with Presley and Dawson as I have been rather sore, and Cortney is here helping too and has been a life savor as well even though she has her own little baby to care for. She has taken the kids outside and gotten snacks and just entertained nonstop. It's probably been great birth control for her! Thanks again Mom and Cort!

5 comments:

The Baler's said...

Oh Megan, I am so happy for you. There is nothing like a new baby. She looks beautiful! We miss you and hope to see you soon. Love ya!

Honeycombs said...

So is so beautiful and I am glad you get a little time with mom and sister taking care of you. Little mother of 5! You rock!

Carie Beard said...

She gets cuter and cuter! I love the pictre of you, Presley and Caleigh! You are such a great mom! I can't wait to hold her again!

Kris and Collette Scott said...

Congrats! She is adorable. When did Tash have her baby?? I need to email her. I am such a bad friend. Anyway. Hope all is well. You have such beautiful kids.

Nancy Mackey said...

Oh, my goodness!! Your kids have grown so much!! How are you? She is adorable!!

Sisters

Sisters

A hospital visit for presley

A hospital visit for presley

All Stars

All Stars
Bryer

Safe!

Safe!
Bryer is in the red

Chet getting a hold of one!

Chet getting a hold of one!

Caleigh 2 months

BABY FEET

BABY FEET
Caleigh has such cute little feet!